8 Reasons To Wear Sun Cream This Summer
Posted on 26th July 2018 at 13:27
After a frigid winter, it is time to get out and enjoy some fun in the sun with family and friends. When you are packing for your next picnic or outdoor adventure, don’t forget to grab the most important item… Sun cream!
1. It decreases your risk of developing cancer. Using sun cream daily, even when it is cloudy or raining, dramatically decreases your risk of developing skin cancer. This is especially true of the deadliest form, melanoma.
2. It keeps you looking young. Did you know that the number one cause of premature ageing of the face is ultraviolet exposure? By wearing sun cream, you are slowing down the development of wrinkles and leathery skin.
3. Sun cream keeps your skin tone even. In addition to slowing down the ageing of the skin, sun cream prevents facial brown spots and skin discolouration.
4. The ozone layer is depleting. The ozone layer acts as a sun shield for the earth by absorbing harmful UVB rays before they reach the ground. As the ozone layer depleats, your body needs added protection from the harmful rays.
5. Wearing sun cream sets an example for your kids. By the time children are 18, children will have racked up a lot of time in the sun. Help protect them, and yourself, by making safety a priority.
6. Sun cream is important for all skin types. Even if you don’t burn easily, wearing sun cream is still important. Sunburn is an immediate reaction, but sun damage occurs over a lifetime. Although skin cancer is more prevalent in people with lighter skin it does not discriminate and can still affect those with darker skin.
7. Sun cream is more convenient than ever. It isnt inconvenient! With so many sun cream options, including sprays and sun cream that is built into moisturiser, applying sun cream is more convenient than ever. Just be sure to re-apply every two hours or after a swim, even if you are using the water resistant kind.
8. Sun cream protects you from more than sunburn. If you have ever had sunburn you will understand how unpleasant red, burning skin can be. Heat stroke and heat exhaustion are two other extremely nasty health issues that can arise from extended sun exposure. Sun cream, in combination with other precautions such as increased consumption of water, can help you to avoid these issues, which can lead to nausea, muscle cramps and even brain damage if left untreated.
Share this post: